Welcome, Middlebury Maple Run 2019 entrants, and congrats on signing up for a half marathon or three mile race! For the second year running I have teamed up with the race organizers to provide a FREE training plan to help beginner and intermediate runners prepare for the races.
My name is Carly, and I’m a semi-pro Nordic skier, semi-nomadic adventurer, and an endurance coach specializing in running and Nordic skiing. You can read more about me here.
The training plan begins on December 31, 2018, and provides comprehensive weekly workouts to guide your preparation. Different versions of the plan are designed to accommodate race goals (competitive or non-competitive) and average weekly mileage. Your training plan will include:
- 18 weeks of the specific workouts that will help you rock your race! Training plan variations are available to match your current fitness and running experience.
- A detailed description of when and how to do effective intensity (interval) workouts. (Like this great workout!)
- Run-specific strength training and injury-prevention exercises to help strengthen connective tissue and keep you healthy throughout your training. Photo and video instruction is included where needed.
- Basic information regarding nutrition and proper “fueling” for your training and racing. To see some of my latest training fuel creations, check out Foodie Friday on the blog!
- Instruction on how to keep an effective training log.
- Email and phone access to me throughout the 18 weeks. I am here as a resource for you!
These training plans are NOT customized, but are intended to provide a range within which most beginner and intermediate runners will be able to train effectively. If you would like a fully customized training plan, including unlimited support from me and daily feedback on your training log throughout your training, select “custom training plan” in the form below, and I’ll be in touch.
Likewise, if you are an advanced runner looking to shave some time off your half-marathon PR, a custom training plan will help you achieve your goal. Please use the contact form below to be in touch.
To get started, please fill out the form below, and I will send you your training plan. Please indicate which race you are running, and in the case of the half marathon, whether you are running competitively or non-competitively. If you are not sure which describes you best, select “Not sure” and tell me a little more about yourself as a runner and your motivation to run this race. I will be in touch with my suggested plan.
IMPORTANT: Please read the Mid Maple Waiver_Of_Liability 2019 and initial below to indicate you have read and agree to the waiver. If you do not initial, I cannot send you a training plan.
Past participants are saying…
“I thought the plan was presented very well. I really appreciated the ability to adapt activities to different days within the week to best fit my schedule.”
“The plan was clear and easy to follow.”
“Thank you, Carly!”